Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stinky Skunk Problems

I made it home a few days ago. Mom is still in the hospital, but will probably be released soon. I am so happy she didn't suffer paralysis or other major problems from her stroke. I will visit her again after she is out of the hospital. It is so nice to be home. I missed my kids so much.

Switching gears: for the last couple of months, something has been getting into our garbage can. We try to keep it bungy corded shut so that this pesky animal won't get in it. We thought it was a racoon. Last night my husband and I went to see "Mama Mia." It was a much needed date night. When we came home, we saw the garbage can open. I started putting the bungy cord on it and thought I heard something. Both Gerry and I listened, but thought it was just us moving the can. Today when Gerry went to open the garbage can, there was a full size skunk in there. He closed the lid and didn't know what to do. Thankfully it didn't spray him. He devised a plan.
1. Get a long 2 x 4 and knock the garbage can over.
2. Let the skunk run away.
This is how the plan went.
1. Knocked the can over with the 2 x 4
2. The lid stayed on, but the skunk sprayed really bad.
3. Open the lid, wait 10 minutes and then the skunk confidently walks under our deck.
Last week Jeremiah said he saw a skunk run under the deck. He was right. It lives there. We called animal control and they don't handle skunks. If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this stinky problem, please let us know.

1 comment:

Tisra said...

Just checking in (thought I might see a referral posted... not so, huh?) and had to say that I'm so sorry about your mother- during this trying time, I pray that you receive all the comfort and support that you need.

Tisra
adopting from taiwan (waiting for referral since 04/25/2007)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com