Monday, August 31, 2009

Strange Dream

This weekend I woke up in a panic after I had a strange dream. I dreamed that my local homestudy agent was retiring and I was worried that I won't be able to finish my post-placement adoption appointments, etc.
Well, tonight I got a call from my homestudy agent. I haven't talked to her in months. She was passing through and needed a place to park her van and sleep for the night. Could she sleep in our driveway?
As I visited with her, I flat out asked her if she was retiring? Her jaw hit the floor. Sure enough she had been contemplating it this weekend. I told her my dream and she responded that that was the same day she had felt directed that it was time to retire. We both got goosebumps and she told me that the dream confirmed to her that she should retire. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Anyway, she reassured me that she would finish up with the current adoptions, etc. that are in place, but would not be taking any new clients. It will probably take her a year to retire. Phew! She said 2 families she deals with got babies this week and they weren't expected to get babies for 3-4 months. (domestic adoptions). So, she feel optimistic that our referral will happen soon. Let's hope so! The wait is driving me crazy!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Oh that is strange. I will go with a referral in the near future part for sure.

Tisra said...

Wow! You're a modern day Joseph! :-)

Hoping a referral comes soon!

jonesgl said...

That's a great dream. Your baby is on her way! Remember the postplacement was part of the dream! I recently had a dream that Mason had a little brother coming named Noah. I woke up and shuddered :)