Friday, November 28, 2008

I am Filled with Gratitude

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. It was so nice to have Thanksgiving here in our new home. Gerry's sister and family came over and mom is now here for a month. I picked her up last week. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with how comfortable this house is for entertaining. It was wonderful and I am patting myself on the back for pulling off my first Thanksgiving dinner. We have been married 14 years and I have never had to make it. On the years we stay in Colorado I have always been assigned the veggie tray. No brainer there. On the years we are in Utah, I usually just help my mom with her cooking. So it was actually quite fun for me to get in there and and have a nice dinner at home.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. Our health, family, good friends, nice home and just a great feeling of peace. As I sit here thinking about my boys, I am overcome with emotion. I love them so much and they seem to be growing up so much daily. Some days I feat they don't know how much I love them as life gets cruising along so fast that we need to learn to take pleasure in the simple moments. They are my life and I don't know what I'd do without them. Gerry is the most patient, loving husband anyone could ever want and I am so incredibly blessed to be married to him.
Tonight we put up the Christmas tree and it looks amazing! I'll see if I can take some pictures tomorrow. Next week Nickie is coming to help me decorate the banister and make bows. I think mom is enjoying her stay here. I do think she gets a tad bit bored as she lives in the fast paced city and life is a bit more leisurely here.

No comments: